Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Why I Chose Japanese?

I chose to take Japanese because I love learning new languages. Currently, I can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Spanish. I would love to be able to speak Japanese as well. Ever since i was a young boy, my family and I would always go to Japan for Chinese New Year to go skiing. We have a home in Niseko, Hokkaido which we always go to. Therefore, growing up I've always been intrigued in Japanese culture and more importantly their food. I hope to be able to speak Japanese fluently, so that I am able to converse with the locals when I go to Japan this year!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can speak Mandarin and Spanish as well. Would love to get together and practice!

      Delete
    2. That sounds good! I would like that too!

      Delete
  2. To know that many languages is impressive. Also, I have never been skiing, but I have been snowboarding once before and found it to be quite fun once I conquered the learning curve.

    じゃまたあした。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i try my best. I hope to ski with you one day!

      Delete
  3. It's awesome that you get to go to Hokkaido every year - what a beautiful place. I am also very into Japanese food, we should eat while practicing Spanish one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hokkaido is very nice, i would love to practice spanish some day!

      Delete
  4. Wait a minute...I love food AND I can speak Spanish too! Room for uno mas? Gotta love cultural diversity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sounds good. I am always down to have food and speak spanish.

      Delete
  5. すごいですね。わたしはマイク ウェンです。ノトールダムだいがくのがくせいです。いちねんせいです。I can't imagine being able to speak two languages fluently, so for you to be able speak four languages is extremely impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I am a Notre Dame first year Japanese student. It is impressive that you can speak all those languages, I mean, I took spanish for four years and cannot speak it at all. Good luck with にほんご。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i hope Notre dame is treating you well. Good luck with にほんごas well.

      Delete